This was our first holiday after my husband had a serious stroke last October 2013 at the age of 58
Everybody said that we were brave going away after my husband had suffered the stroke only eight months before,but we were determined that we were going to be as normal as possible.With a mobility scooter.as this gave my husband some independence..We had booked this holiday pre stroke
The Pestana Bay is the ideal hotel to be if you want a quiet,relaxing holiday with no cooking, all inclusive non alcoholic/alcoholic drinks available from 11.30am decent wine, beer ,spirits and cocktails.
The food was varied.lovely fresh bread, all meals and food varied for breakfast, lunch and dinner. we had no complaints.
The rooms were spacious,lovely sea view on the balcony ,very clean with bath and shower
A kettle for tea in the morning .
The staff were friendly and helpful
Overall a lovely hotel for a relaxing holiday, if on honeymoon or not requiring a lot of entertainment
My family had the two mobility scooters mentioned in the review from gerry958 my husband was only 58 last October when he had his stroke and i am 50 so we do not regard ourselves as elderly, we feel sorry for you as you feel the need to mention the scooters in your review and hope that you do not need the use of a mobility scooter in the future
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Pestana Ocean Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Hotel Madeira
- Pestana Ocean Bay Hotel Madeira/Funchal