This was our second visit to Madiera,this time we travelled with friends & were unshure if they would love the island as we do,no problem there,as soon as we pulled up at the Casa Branca i think the four of us were just blown away,no amount of photographs or reviews can describe the place or the staff.
We had a "standard"room ,but don't be put off by that,it means you have a small sun terrace straight into the garden area,which is huge,we certainly would not have wanted an upgrade,our research warned us that there were no tea making facilities in the room so we took a small travel kettle to allow us to have a cuppa before breakfast,breakfast giving you a good start to the day but if you dont see what you want just ask one of the fantastic staff they will do there best to sort you out.
Most days we would take a steady stroll towards the old town at some point,takes between 30 & 60 minutes depending how fit you are,& return by taxi or the other way round but that is all uphill,taxi's €7-€10ish from the old town,depends on the time of day i think.
If you make it to the old town try the A MURALH for lunch or evening meal we found it good value & the staff friendly.
I can't put into word what a great place Casa Branca is & how wonderfull the staff were,i just have to start saving hard again & hope Thomsons can do me a deal???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart, an elegant and luxurious Manor House with 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 28,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal