We have just spent Christmas and New Year at this wonderful hotel. There are so many plaudits - exemplary staff, immaculately maintained gardens and everyone worked hard and with a real desire to ensure that guests had a great experience for both Christmas and New Year. It is very quiet which can be a bonus but for those looking for night life they will need to go elsewhere. It is not the best of hotels for children. Our only disappointment was that our room was tired and needed a re-furb.
Possible downsides. It is a healthy walk into Funchal and includes two steepish hills which may be off putting for those who less mobile. The local bus stops outside the hotel, 1 euro 90 each way, and there are of course the taxis. We would recommending hiring a car as Maderia is a beautiful island and it is worth getting away from the tourist spots.
The fireworks for New Year are world renown but you cannot see them very well from the Quinta. After the fantastic Gala dinner either walk up the hill behind the hotel or arrange to go on the 8th floor roof terrace of the nearby Savoy Gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart, an elegant and luxurious Manor House with 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 28,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal