Returned for a 10 day holiday after being taken ill after only a few days last year and having to return home early. The hotel is set in its own extensive gardens. Each area is very private, rooms, restaurants and pool area. Standard rooms are excellent. Large bathroom with bath/shower, bed is the biggest we have ever seen and still enough space for a seating area.
Room opens out into your own patio area containing 2 sun loungers. All towels are provided including towels at the pool. Wi-Fi coverage is excellent at no extra charge.
Breakfast is served between 7:30 and 10:30. Plenty of fresh fruits, breads, jams, cakes and cooked food to order. All excellent. The food served for dinner is of the highest standard and beautifully presented.
But no matter how good a hotel is it is the staff that make it special. And the staff are very special indeed. Reception are very friendly and will do anything you ask of them to make your holiday go smoothly. The deck bar behind reception now boasts a happy hour between 18:00 and 19:00 so a cocktail before dinner is a must. Restaurant staff are very friendly and efficient, always ready to describe the dishes and recommend wines. Rooms are cleaned to a very high standard.
If you are looking for an oasis of calm within 10-15 minutes walk from restaurants and the sea front then this is the place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart from the modern design boutique Hotel, an elegant and luxurious Manor House housing 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 27,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal