Have just come back from a week at the Miramar, our first visit to Madeira. We loved everything about this hotel and especially the beautifully kept garden areas. All the staff were charming, friendly and helpful. Although we booked one of the basic rooms, it was spacious, well-furnished and with plenty of drawer and wardrobe space. The little kitchenette (with fridge, kettle, tiny cooker and various crockery, cutlery, etc.) was brilliant as it meant we could make drinks and snacks if we didn't want a full meal. Our room overlooked the pool, with the mountains beyond, and was very quiet. I imagine the rooms at the front of the hotel, some of which may have sea views, might get some traffic noise. There was lots of choice for breakfast including fresh fruit salad every day and lots of different hot and cold options (even freshly made pancakes). The Miramar shares the site with its sister hotel, the Pestana Village, and guests at both hotels have use of all the communal areas, including an indoor and 2 outdoor pools, gym, billiard room, library, restaurants and a lovely indoor "winter garden" area. On Wednesday afternoons, the hotel offers a garden tour followed by afternoon tea (you need to book) but, in fact, although they don't advertise the fact, you can order afternoon tea any day of the week. It's served in the cocktail bar of the original quinta and is nicely posh (and very filling) without being in the least bit snooty (as Reid's apparently is). At 10 euros, it's also much cheaper than Reid's. The only other meal we had in the hotel was in the pizzeria, just after we arrived. It was very nice but probably a bit expensive compared with similar restaurants in the area. There are loads of reasonably priced places to eat both in the town and lido area.
When booking this holiday, we seemed to spend ages deliberating over the hotel but it was worth it. From what we could see of the other hotels, we definitely made the right decision in choosing the Miramar. If we return to Madeira, we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the premises of the historic and elegant hotel Miramar, which was built in 1924 and considered a very special place to stay, the new Pestana Miramar Hotel benefits of the attention given to the architecture and landscaping of its gardens. The Pestana Miramar shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Village Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal