As we are Pestana members, we managed to get 2 weeks for the price of 1.
Weather was great.hotel was s short walk from Funchal and the old town.
The hotel is a little dated but very friendly and welcoming.
Good points were our fantastic view over the harbour as we had asked for a high floor.
Not much noise from the pool below but would not want a room on the poolside.
They are handy for families with children or any one with disabilities as all separate blocks of apartments.there are lifts but grounds a bit hilly.the gardens are beautiful and well tended.
When staying in this hotel, one can also use the adjoining Miramar hotel..
We used the small indoor pool & jacuzzi in Miramar at 8am most mornings.we didn't eat in hotel as I made breakfast using cereal etc from nearby supermarket ( turn left out of hotel gates and Spa is a few meters away and very reasonable).
There are so many restaurants nearby, either by turning right at gate or left to Funchal and the beautiful old town.
Our contact at the hotel was Aldo in customer relations.He was very helpful in all aspects.
The only downside I can think of is a problem I had with internet which didn't seem to affect other travellers.
On arrival I was disappointed that a young man checked us in then took us outside and pointed vaguely to where our apartment was.I would have appreciated being shown the room and helped with luggage after a long day.we didn't arrive till 7 pm.
However, fortunately we are capable of managing so wasn't a big issue, more like it seemed it would be too much trouble for him.
I would recommend this hotel but ask for quiet room if couples & away from pool as quite a few children in July which can be expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Village is a 4-star hotel located in Funchal, Madeira, surrounded by 5,000 m² of gardens and featuring architecture characteristic of the island. It is the perfect place for your holiday, whether you are just relaxing or on your honeymoon. It is located 12 minutes on foot from the beach and 15 minutes on foot from the centre of Funchal. The hotel offers a relaxing health club with a sauna and a jacuzzi as well as a game room. To satisfy your tastes, we offer four restaurants and three bars. Enjoy two fantastic outdoor swimming pools and a heated indoor swimming pool located at the Pestana Miramar. The studios feature typical Madeiran decor, each with a kitchenette, TV, free Wi-Fi and a private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), World Independent Hotel Promotion, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pestana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Madeira/Funchal