This was our second time at the hotel and just as good as the first. Excellent staff, everyone is cheerful, friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is excellent. Everything fresh and well presented with good choice. Buffet dinners are also good quality and nicely presented. The bar has a nice atmosphere and the bar staff are attentive and always cheerful. Location is arguably the best in Funchal, set in the Old Town in easy walking distance to restaurants, the cable car, busses and taxis and the town itself. Sea view rooms have a great view of the cruise ships coming and going. Rooms are spotless and well equipped with kitchenette. Indoor and outdoor pool areas and bar all well kept. Book early, they have an occupancy rate of 96 to 98% which speaks for itself. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal