This was our 4th visit to, in our opinion, the best positioned hotel in Madeira. As usual, we were made welcome from the start. I had enquired, on their facebook page a few weeks ago, as to whether they had wifi, & was told only in public areas. But that was fine & it was free. But the first morning, the manager arrived with a router, so we could enjoy free wifi in our room, which was wonderful. They also arranged seating tickets for the flower festival prior to our arrival, which were most appreciated. Their customer services are second to one, and we will certainly return again. The only slight criticism I have is the dining room, which is excellent for the buffet breakfast, could do with a bit more atmosphere in the evening, maybe subdued lighting, and perhaps just use one section, to make it more interesting. But it is a difficult one, as with so many restaurants so close to the hotel, most people eat out anyway. Well done PSM, another brilliant stay. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal