Just back from a week in Funchal in the Porto Santa Maria. The Staff at the Hotel are so efficient and Helpful, nothing is too for much for them to make your stay more enjoyable. Booking in was so easy and quick. Our room was a garden view double at the side of the hotel overlooking the public gardens. The room was bright spaceous and very clean and tidy.
We were on B&B, the breakfasts were good and had a long serving period, great for lie ins. The choice of hot/cold food was great with a varied selection of drinks. We had a choice of eating inside or on the terrace, depending on which tables were free. The waiting staff were very good.
We did eat in the hotel restaurant twice during our stay, sampling the carvery night and the Madeiran Folk night. The Local folk group provided music and dancing during the meal. The restuarant did have a theme for every night and a ala carte menu. We enjoyed both meals very much.
The indoor pool was a good place to cool down and enjoy a swim in nice surroundings.
The Captains bar was a good place to have a pre dinner cocktail (can recommend the Captains Special), or after dinner drinks. The entertaiment varied nightly from Lounge Music to a very Lively Salsa Band. The Bar Staff are very friendly and offered quick table service.
The location of the Hotel is central in Funchal, with easy access to the Local Attractions. There a several good restaurants near to the hotel, with very friendly staff, at reasonable pricies.
Despite some work being carried out on the promenade at the front of the hotel, this did not detract on our holiday at the Porto Santa Maria.
If I was being really picky on our really enjoyable time, it would be the lack of coffee or tea in the room to go with the provided kettle.
We would definately stay at the Porto Santa Maria again when we return to Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal