The hotel lived up to its billing in the previous reviews. We stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed it despite the weather being overcast for most of the time. We particullarly liked the location being so close to the old town and real people rather than being struck in the rather false hotel area on the western side of the bay. We had half board and the food was excellent. The service was attentive without being over done. There is a good range of entertainment in the hotel, some better than others, but over the week the should be something to please everyone.
We had a free Portuguese lesson from Adriana, one of the hotel staff . If you want to learn some of the language so that you can say simple things I would suggest that you try it. If you persevere with simple words instead of always using English you will be rewarded by the locals, who will help you with any problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal