Stayed at the Porto Santa Maria Hotel from 9th - 16th July 2014. Have stayed here many times since the hotel first opened. The Hotel never fails to meet our expectation. We were welcomed back on arrival by the reception staff and allocated a sea view room on the top floor on the West Side of the Hotel. Would recommend a sea view room.
The staff here work so hard to please their guests. Thank you all for your dedication.
The rooms, public areas, pools and gardens are immaculate and are a credit to the Hotel.
The restaurant staff are efficient and aim to please, which they most certainly do. The food on offer at breakfast covers a wide choice to meet all tastes. Good way to start the day. Lots of guests were enjoying their morning glass of sparkling wine.
The lunch time buffet is served on the Terrace until around 3.00 pm at Euros 12.50 per person. Good value after you have been out walking all morning. Soup and or Salad, Meat and or Fish, Rice and or Potatoes, selection of Vegetables, Fruit Tart and or Fruit Salad, plus a selection of fresh Baked Rolls. Very relaxed, sitting there in the shade.
They also serve snack meals throughout the day at the Promenade Bar, had a lovely steak sandwich for lunch on the day we arrived.
The Porto Bay Group employ a falconer who arrives each day with his Hawk, this keeps the pigeons away from the eating area of the hotel.
The work directly outside the Hotel was almost complete when we stayed, they were just putting in the final touches.
More work needs to go on further along the sea front to the west of the Hotel.
The Hotel is a good location for the less mobile visitor - best place to stay if you have any walking difficulties being on the flat. The Hotel also have some adapted rooms for anyone with mobility issues. Lots of eating places just outside the hotel gates. Also cable car, story centre, bus stops and taxi rank.
Beds were extremely comfortable with lovely pillows. The small fully equipped kitchen area is a great bonus.
The hotel is classed as adult only, no bookings accepted for guests under 16 years of age.
In all enjoyed our stay, all being due to the great staff the Hotel employ and their top grade of cleanliness.
Plan to make a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal