this hotel is probably one of the best hotels in madiera,apart of course from reids.a tad more expensive than the other equivalent hotels,but well worth the extra.the first thing you notice is the absence of kids running around turning everywhere into a playgound while the parents sit and look on.it is so peacefull and relaxing.the hotel is set in the heart of the old town with its copius amount of excellent restaurants and local bars,the best being THE MOZART-( see my other revue of this retaurant).the staff are outstanding and very friendly witout being in your face,LENA is a national treasure and should be awarded for her outstanding service she provides.the rooms are very nice and comfortable.the amenities are excellent- 2 excellent pools and jacuzzies,massage rooms,saunas, nice new seating area out front on the prom,where you can sit and watch the world go by while enjoying a glass of bubbly(included in the breakfast menu).the saturday evening barbaque is well worth doing,with a reception after on the roof terrace with yet more bubbly, to get a good view of the incredible fireworks display with accompinied music, in the harbour.entertainment is laid on in the bar most evenings if you do not feel like going out for a drink.this is our second stay at this hotel and numorous stays on this magical island and certainly not our last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal