Excellent hotel, perfect location, great reception. Staff couldnt be more helpful. Located near the bus station which offers a great bus network across the island, so no real need for car hire. Bus stop approx 5 mins walk from hotel. Being situated in the old part of town made our stay at this hotel even more pleasant with a huge choice of lovely restaurants right on your doorstep, However be warned you will be constantly hassled to dine as you stroll along the street looking at menus. The taxis are also a problem with touting common place, We even had taxis lying about the bus times so they could make a few quid. Seaview is a must at the hotel with fabulous views and waking to the gentle lapping of sea waves against the shore. We didnt eat in the hotel, as we thought it was slightly overpriced and not well occupied in the evening to create the romantic ambience we were seeking. The christmas lights are magnificent and really put anything in the UK to shame. Highly recommend Blandys wine tasting absolute bargain at euro 5 including 5 free tiples and an interesting short tour. The bus journey approx 40 mins to Curral de Ferrias (valley of the nuns) is also spectacular at euro 4 approx. Thankfully we didnt have any problems with dogs only a few playing quietly in the street near the church at the back of the hotel. Top vote goes to Carmina on bookings who answered all my queries with absolute clarity and speed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal