We have stayed twice before and prior to the arrival of our daughter and had always wanted to return.
We have just returned from a wonderful stay at this very special hotel. It was a perfect Christmas break for the grown ups as well as our 5 year old daughter. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like house guests. The staff were very attentive but did not get in our way which is just how we like it. The food was excellent, especially the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menu's. They cooked whatever our daughter wanted and were very keen to make sure our stay was enjoyable. We played some lovely golf, they even had some kids clubs and so our daughter was not left out.
We shall be returning. There is an extra 3 hours or so daylight at this time of year and the weather was as good as a good summers day in the uk. It is only three hours from the uk and 20 minutes transfer to the hotel. It can take that long to travel a hundred miles or so in the uk. It's a pity that BA don't fly the route any more but the monarch flight with extra leg room was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Velha do Palheiro is a graceful 5 star Madeira country house hotel with 37 luxurious rooms.The hotel is situated next to the famous Palheiro Gardens, originally created over 200 years ago. Hotel facilities include: Championship golf course, full spa facilities including indoor and outdoor heated pools as well as a variety of treatments, fishing boat for whale and dolphin watching and big game fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Velha do Palheiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Hotel Funchal
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Madeira/Funchal