We stayed at both Casa Velha and another leading hotel in the centre of Funchal when we visited Madeira and I'd say that Casa Velha definitely has the edge over the others.
The drive to the hotel from the airport was wonderful and you feel like you've arrived in an oasis of calm. You're not far from the centre of Funchal but to be honest, eveything you need is at Casa Velha.
The hotel is set in stunning grounds and the rooms are light, airy and spacious. The food in the restaurant was superb and the service impeccable.
I'm desperate to return and glad to see this unique hotel is getting such good reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Velha do Palheiro is a graceful 5 star Madeira country house hotel with 37 luxurious rooms.The hotel is situated next to the famous Palheiro Gardens, originally created over 200 years ago. Hotel facilities include: Championship golf course, full spa facilities including indoor and outdoor heated pools as well as a variety of treatments, fishing boat for whale and dolphin watching and big game fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Casa Velha do Palheiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Hotel Funchal
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Madeira/Funchal