Just the best place if you want to spoil yourselves, relax and enjoy some of the best food, service and grounds you could possibly imagine; just perfect. Golf course really excellent too - challenging but fair and really well maintained. Highly recommended, even if the weather isn't great, which unfortunatley it wasn't when we were there - the spa is brilliant and the gym and table tennis table are under cover and the tennis court is good too. Only things to be aware of are that the hotel is a way out of Funchal and it is very hilly - buses and taxis fine though, although to be honest we didn't find much need to leave the hotel - we ate in every night, which is very unlike us but when the food and environment is that good why leave? Second thing to watch is mosquitoes if it's wet - keep your windows and door shut and get some repellant from reception and / or take some with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Velha do Palheiro is a graceful 5 star Madeira country house hotel with 37 luxurious rooms.The hotel is situated next to the famous Palheiro Gardens, originally created over 200 years ago. Hotel facilities include: Championship golf course, full spa facilities including indoor and outdoor heated pools as well as a variety of treatments, fishing boat for whale and dolphin watching and big game fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Velha do Palheiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Hotel Funchal
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Madeira/Funchal