FindHotel
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews municipal gardens rooftop bar central location small pool breakfast room three star hot items yogurt key card coffee machine easy access top floor visiting funchal decent size reception staff hot food superior room
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a week in this delightful hotel. It is situated within a short walking distance from the town centre. I cannot recomend to highly the friendly service and cleanliness which prevailed during the whole of our stay. I cannot imagine that anyone staying here could have cause for regret. Unlike the hotels in the Lido area it does not overlook the sea but more than compensates by its proximity to the travel hub in Funchal, There are 2 taxi ranks within 100yards as well as a delightfull botanical park where you can sit and enjoy reasonably priced coffee and food in a peacefull atmosphere. We found this hotel A1+ which can be booked online

Date of stay: February 2011
3  Thank Johnrichard33
Reviewed 7 February 2011

The hotel's central location is great. Holmes Place gym 2 minutes walk away, Dolce Vita shopping centre with fab supermarket 2 minutes walk away, all the delights of the city and the seafront within very easy walking distance.
My room was spacious, immaculately clean, cable tv, 2 balconies, smoking permitted (but having the balconies to smoke on, the room itself didn't smell of smoke), nice bathroom, quiet at night, comfortable bed.
Breakfast choices were ample, though simple.
Front desk staff were charming.
Free use of the (one) computer was great. (wifi said to be available for 4 euros an hour - pricey). My repeated expressions of concern about the hotel computer showing that anti-virus protection wasn't up to date met with no correction of the problem - I was told the Manager had the password, the Manager apparenly wasn't present or available to assist with this,during my 3 night stay, to deal with the issue......
But apart from that, I simply couldn't have had a better experience of the hotel, and I will happily return. SIGNIFICANTLY more my sort of place than the huge hotels in the "Hotel Zone", which aren't nearly so central.
The terrace and small pool on the top floor was attractive.
I didn't use the cafe hotel but it looked welcoming.
I loved the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Perpetuatraveller
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Having stayed at the Hotel Madeira before it was just like going home. In fact we were welcomed by the words"here is the key to your home" by Antonio. The hotel has been improved by the insulation of air conditioning, much to my wife's surprise and delight.
It is an ideal base from which to explore the many walks that Madeira as to offer.
It is also ideally placed for public transport, supermarkets and resturants
We hope to be back again next year
Ian & Doreen

Date of stay: November 2010
1  Thank halliwell_ian
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Clean, comfortable & within touching distance of all of Funchal. Staff friendly and helpful. Would certainly consider a return visit.

Date of stay: October 2010
1  Thank deldevon
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We stayed for a week as part of a package. The hotel is in the centre of town behind a park and in a side street. For a city centre location it was not too noisy and excellently placed to get around Funchal and access the amenities. The hotel is basic but clean and friendly.

Date of stay: June 2010