For our first visit to Madeira we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. The staff were always friendly, yet very professional in their dealings with guests.
Our room was of a good size with a balcony overlooking the gardens. The air-conditioning was certainly beneficial during our stay.
Breakfasts were excellent - a wide choice of cereals, fruit and bread as well as a full cooked meal.
The hotel has well maintained gardens with a small outdoor pool. It is next to quite a busy road (not visible from the hotel) making it somewhat noisy in the grounds during the day. However there was no problem getting to sleep at night.
Public rooms were comfortable & spacious. We loved to use the large(ish) indoor pool on returning from a day out and about.
I would certainly recommend this hotel & would hope to return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal