The Quintinha is a relatively small hotel that positively glows with friendly and very personal service. We’ve enjoyed plenty of the larger modern hotels (and will again) and welcomed the different experience of what has to be one of the most relaxing hotels we have stayed at.
The hotel has a colonial feel to it but with all mod cons. We had a suite that was spacious and gave us all that we wanted to make our stay a special one. Star of the show however has to be the staff – the people in reception cannot do enough for you, a real 5 star performance.
Okay the outdoor pool may not be Olympic size etc but we loved the gardens and the relaxed, laid back feel to the place – with all that Funchal and the Lido have to offer on your doorstep.
Top tip: take advice from the staff about where to eat and if you enjoy the great outdoors then take your walking shoes with you – the mountain walks are truly amazing and so accessible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal