Although the building work over the road continues the hotel management have tried to minimise noise disturbance by giving rooms away from that side. We heard no noise at all from our room or from the bar/lounge areas. We didnt use the pool or sit outside during the day so it is possible the noise would be heard there, but from our point of view it was quiet and peaceful. The staff were very attentive and helpful in planning trips, giving bus timetables and altering menus to suit us. We ate in twice during our stay and the food was very good.
The hotel was an easy stroll down to the main town and we used the plentiful buses rather than taxis, to get about further.
A most enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal