QSJ is a small hotel with personal service. We had a junior suite which was huge, with a dressing area, sitting area, separate shower and bath and a separate WC. The rooms are clean and well appointed with adjoining 3ft beds.
We were B&B so we walked into town in the evening which is 30 mins to the old town, down hill all the way. So you know what that means for the trip home. We walked most nights, but is was only €7 in a taxi if the walk is too much.
The service was attentive and polite. Drinks and snacks are reasonable priced and the patio is a great place for lunch or a pre dinner or after dinner drink.
We were very pleased we chose the QSJ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal