This is a really lovely small hotel.The accommodation (junior suite) was bright and roomy with good views across the gardens and up into the hills. The food was good - we specially liked the light lunches at the new pool bar. What made the place for us was the staff - they really look after you, nothing is too much trouble. If don't want one of the mega big hotels and are looking for somewhere nice not too far from the centre of Funchal, I can heartily reccomend the Quintinha Sao Joao.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal