This was our first visit to Madeira and we were amazed by the island but in particular by this hotel. The staff are lovely, nothing is too much of an effort to arrange. For my sister's birthday we found a bottle of bubbly and a cake in our room with compliments from the hotel. The hotel and the gardens are peaceful and well laid out with a lovely view of the city from the terrace and pool. We found we spent much more time in the hotel than we expected, just because we enjoyed the ambiance so much. The costs are more than reasonable for the service that comes along with it. The only downside we could find is that the beds are a little too hard and the taste of the coffee could be better. We definitely recommend to take tea and home made scones/jam on the terrace, they are excellent, as are the daily cocktails. If we ever return to Madeira, it will be for sure to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal