This was our seventh year of our annual holiday staying in this superb hotel.
The hotel is beatifully decorated with antique furniture throughout and adorned with the most exsquisite floral displays. The hotel is secure within its own grounds for peace of mind. The guest manager Rosie Borges is not only a very friendly and beautiful lady and is extremely fluent in many languages. Rosie is an absolute mine of information as she has been living, working and playing on the Island of Maderia for 20 plus years. Rosie has at her fingertips the ability to give personal advice on local resteraunts, lavada walks, jeep tours, cruises of all types, local entertainment of all types, etcetera etcetera. Rosie if you require will put together quickly and efficiently a full personal programme for your stay.
Should you require a quiet relaxed holiday as Sue and I have just had enjoying the luxuries that this hotel has to offer without venturing too far. This hotel beats any other we have just spent our three weeks mostly sunbathing, swimming, reading and numerous visits to the Spa for massage, pedicures, manicures and enjoying the extremely tranquil setting and quiet atmosphere of this perfect oasis.
The tantalising A La Carte menu in the hotel resteraunt can be enjoyed with wines from the well stocked cellar that hve been personally chosen by the Manager Carlos.
Sue & I enjoyed taking advantage of at least fifteen evening dinners in the resteraunt during our stay.
The reception staff also deserve exceptional praise, they will answer any question knowledgebly and intelligently always with a smile. The bar staff under the watchful eye of the manager Antonio are also extremely friendly. Absolutely nothing that you request from Cocktails to serving lunch or afternoon tea s too much trouble to them to sustain your enjoyment.
All of the rooms in the hotel are clean, spacious with a splendid taste as to the decor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal