I'm not going to write a long review as most points have been covered. Suffice to say that this is one of the best hotels that we have ever had the pleasure of staying at. What really sets it apart from all the other 5* hotels in Funchal is that it has a small and friendly feel, the prices are reasonable at the bar both for snacks and drinks (unlike the Cliff Bay !) and the location which is much nicer than the hotel zone. If you are planning on staying in Funchal and you can book it, look no further, stay at the Quintinha. If possible try to book a 1st/2nd/or 3rd room floor rather than the ground. Enjoy.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Prestigia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal