This hotel is set high above Funchal with a great view of the ocean. The gardens are full of the most beautiful sub tropical plants and flowers - from our room there was a huge banana tree with bunches of fruit hanging from it. The hotel is packed full of antiques and is very peaceful. Lovely pool with a snack bar which served sandwiches, salads, drinks although it was quite expensive. There were all age groups staying - from families with young children, to teenagers, honeymoon couples and older visitors. It was welcoming and relaxed - an oasis from the noise and heat of Funchal.
We stayed in the superior rooms with a balcony - room was comfortable, plainly decorated and spotlessly clean. The view was fantastic from our balcony.
The staff were all helpful and this seemed to be a really well run hotel.
We had half board for some nights. The hotel serves dinner in a lovely manor house within the grounds - the service was good - but we found the half board option a little hit and miss. The half board menu was I think 42 euros per person per night and was a five course dinner. Trouble is there was no choice - it was a fixed menu. Three nights we had a lovely meal - but two nights it was really odd. It was as if there were too very different chefs at work. There was also an a la carte menu to chose from.
We found out about a great local restaurant five minutes walk round the corner and it served delicious food - and was very popular with local families. It was great value. There is also a hypermarket near by and a bakery and cafe so if you want to avoid costly hotel food you can.
This hotel is situated just outside Funchal - 5 minutes in a taxi. You could walk into town but I wouldn't recommend it - too steep and dangerous with the traffic. There is a shuttle bus Monday to Saturday at set times through the day which is free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We strive to give you the warm and genuine hospitality of the traditional Madeiran Quintas. There are many moments to be cherished at Quinta da Bela Vista, one of the most select and exclusive family properties on Madeira island. This five star hotel enveloped in two hectares of luxurious botanical gardens – the ideal place to relax and enjoy spectacular views - hosts a significant antiques private collection. Our commitment ensures every guest wishes are fulfilled, making you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quinta da Bela Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Madeira/Funchal