On the 15th November, 2013, i was unlucky enought to suffer a heart attack on MS Balmoral. After a week in hospital in Funchal, with fantastic care, i was discharged. Nuno, the Port Agent , who had visited every day, and made sure i was o.k.and had everything I needed picked me up, picked up my luggage, which he had kept safe, picked up my medication, and wrote out the dosage in English, and transported me to my hotel. He unloaded all my luggage, took it to my room, and made sure I was settled. In fact, he was great, and could not have done more. I was there for four very pleasant days, and recouperated enough to fly home. The room was very comfortable, with four piece bathroom, and I had a small patio, with doors through which I could watch the birds hopping on the lawn. The hotel was quiet, with relaxed service at meal-times, and lighter lunches and dinners were available, which were ideal for me. There was a paper shop and cafe in easy walking distance, and the open top tour buses had stops nearby. The first night I was there I slept for 14 hours, had a bath, and felt much better. The staff could not do enough for me, and there was free internet access, so I could check my emails. So if you ever become ill in Funchal, I could not dream of a better place to stay, but if you have mobility problems, be aware that there is no lift, so you have to stay on the ground floor, which is lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oficial Category: 4 Star EstalagemLocation: Situated in the main hotel area of Funchal 1.5 km from the town centre Well located between the Savoy and Reid’s Hotels 10 minutes walking distance from the city centre Panoramic view to the mountains, the city and the sea Approximately 25 minutes from the International Airport of MadeiraTransportation: Taxi station a hundred meters from the hotel or directly at the reception door if requested Bus stop to Funchal and other destinations to the west part of the island, about 2 minutes walking from the hotelParking Facilities:Free parking places at the hotel entranceRooms:36 Double Rooms (30m² or 32m²) 2 rooms with a queen size bed34 twin-bedded rooms11 rooms in the Main House26 room with terrace or balcony in the new wing Room Facilities: High ceiling rooms in the main house New wing rooms with terrace or balcony with sitting area, garden and pool view Wood flooring Marble bathrooms Bath with shower Selection of bathroom amenities Air conditioning and heating in bedrooms and public areas Safe in room Comfortable chairs Hair-dryer Direct dialling telephone Cable TV with 30 channels Double glazingAdditional services at the Quinta Perestrello: Swimming pool, surrounded by beautiful gardens Sun terrace Terrace sitting area Well kept gardens Relaxation areas Free reception of faxes Sending service of faxes at Reception Laundry service with delivers in 48 hours Organization of dry cleaning service (outside the hotel) Breakfast in the room from 8:00 to 10:30 Bar service to rooms from 10:00 to 24:00 Table d’hôte Restaurant Cocktail Bar Reception desk and Sitting areaThe details that make the difference at Charming Hotels: The Reception Manager receives all arriving guests and will maintain a personal and regular contact with them to ensure their satisfaction and anticipate their requirements. All our guests are accompanied to their room on arrival Gift on arrival of Madeira Wine & Madeira cake Free use of sauna, Turkish bath,, sensations shower, whirlpool, panoramic fitness room, and relaxation rooms and much more inside the Hotel Group, at Chandra Spa. Guests on Half Board may eat at the restaurant “ Adega da Quinta” in Quinta do Estreito, at no extra charge Guests on Half Board may eat at any of the Restaurants of Charming Hotels at no extra charge A policy of addressing our guests by name A policy of special attention to all our guests needs A policy of always being willing and able to help our guests A policy of making everything possible ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quinta Perestrello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Perestrello Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Perestrello Madeira/Funchal