My forst visit and nice not to be in a big chain hotel. Much of what others have said is correct it is a "character" property but slightly frayed in places but nothing that would put me off returning.
If you like soft mattresses forget it these are firm and for me that's how i like it but it won't suit everyone and yep pillows need a good upgrade. Bathroom functional and hot water aplenty so no bad points for me. Breakfast is a little below par and thats being fair, the weakest aspect for me. Nice situation/pool/little garden and terrace but the excellent staff give this place a major thumbs up from me. " bus stops outside including one for the hop on/off sightseeing busses. All in all I liked it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oficial Category: 4 Star EstalagemLocation: Situated in the main hotel area of Funchal 1.5 km from the town centre Well located between the Savoy and Reid’s Hotels 10 minutes walking distance from the city centre Panoramic view to the mountains, the city and the sea Approximately 25 minutes from the International Airport of MadeiraTransportation: Taxi station a hundred meters from the hotel or directly at the reception door if requested Bus stop to Funchal and other destinations to the west part of the island, about 2 minutes walking from the hotelParking Facilities:Free parking places at the hotel entranceRooms:36 Double Rooms (30m² or 32m²) 2 rooms with a queen size bed34 twin-bedded rooms11 rooms in the Main House26 room with terrace or balcony in the new wing Room Facilities: High ceiling rooms in the main house New wing rooms with terrace or balcony with sitting area, garden and pool view Wood flooring Marble bathrooms Bath with shower Selection of bathroom amenities Air conditioning and heating in bedrooms and public areas Safe in room Comfortable chairs Hair-dryer Direct dialling telephone Cable TV with 30 channels Double glazingAdditional services at the Quinta Perestrello: Swimming pool, surrounded by beautiful gardens Sun terrace Terrace sitting area Well kept gardens Relaxation areas Free reception of faxes Sending service of faxes at Reception Laundry service with delivers in 48 hours Organization of dry cleaning service (outside the hotel) Breakfast in the room from 8:00 to 10:30 Bar service to rooms from 10:00 to 24:00 Table d’hôte Restaurant Cocktail Bar Reception desk and Sitting areaThe details that make the difference at Charming Hotels: The Reception Manager receives all arriving guests and will maintain a personal and regular contact with them to ensure their satisfaction and anticipate their requirements. All our guests are accompanied to their room on arrival Gift on arrival of Madeira Wine & Madeira cake Free use of sauna, Turkish bath,, sensations shower, whirlpool, panoramic fitness room, and relaxation rooms and much more inside the Hotel Group, at Chandra Spa. Guests on Half Board may eat at the restaurant “ Adega da Quinta” in Quinta do Estreito, at no extra charge Guests on Half Board may eat at any of the Restaurants of Charming Hotels at no extra charge A policy of addressing our guests by name A policy of special attention to all our guests needs A policy of always being willing and able to help our guests A policy of making everything possible ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Quinta Perestrello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Perestrello Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Perestrello Madeira/Funchal