“Perfect apartment with a perfect view.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa Pico Musica

Enjoy the view from your open air terrace over the palm trees & rooftops to the city & ocean
Open air covered terrace, your living room for your stay with us
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Open air covered terrace, your living room for your stay with us
Ideal spot for breakfast what ever the weather
The view from your breakfast seating area
View from your covered terrace over the old city and out over the ocean towards the Desert Islands
A bowl of welcoming fruit to enjoy during your stay
Fully fitted kitchen with window overlooking the city and the ocean
View from Kitchen out onto open air terrace
Bedroom with its own balcony and fitted wardrobe plus remote controlled ceiling fan
Wall mounted multi channel TV with assorted books to read and easy chair to relax in.
View from your bedroom balcony over the rooftops and out over Funchal and towards the mountains.
En suite area with remote controlled Velux roof light complete with mosquito screen & roller blind.
WC, bidet plus large walk in shower area.
Spiral staircase from Terrace to Courtyard garden
The spiral staircase from courtyard garden to your covered terrace
Courtyard garden, complete with Spanish Moss air plants
View towards spiral staircase from corner of courtyard
Courtyard table and chairs next to barbeque.
Traditional pebble paved courtyard with assorted sub tropical trees and climbers
Helaconias flowering in the garden
Just a few of the Orchids in flower in the courtyard garden, along with 'Spanish Moss'
Back courtyard gate which is your private access way to and from the apartment
Access the apartment via garden gate on the left from the public alleyway. The view down over city
Enjoy the view of the sea and city of Funchal from the comfort of your sofa or arm-chair
Easy seating to take in the views from the covered terrace or watch the cruise ships come and go.
Watch the coming and going of cruise ships from your terrace
View from top of spiral staircase connecting covered terrace to the courtyard garden
The Queen Mary 2 visits Funchal, seen from the open air terrace
You will be staying close by the frequently photographed view down Calcada do Pico & out to sea
Your back garden gate accesses the pebbled courtyard garden with traditional Madeiran tiled seating.
Looking back into the apartment & out over the city from your open air covered terrace
Easy seating plus café table & chairs to help you enjoy the outdoor living of Madeira.
Café table and chairs to take breakfast or dine at or simply enjoy a glass of wine and the views
You can also sit at the breakfast bar in kitchen and take in the view out onto the covered terrace
Fitted kitchen with halogen hob, microwave, toaster, coffee machine & remote controlled ceiling fan
Your kitchen window has views over the city & out to sea, easy clean black granite worktops
Your kitchen sink view over the sea, coffee maker, fridge and washing machine all to hand as well.
Looking back from your bedroom towards the kitchen & out onto covered terrace.
Remote control ceiling fan above double bed for those warm nights. Lights works on 2 way switches
Double bedroom with patio doors to small balcony with luggage store cupboard, mosquito screen fitted
Wall mounted cable TV with 120 channels, plus easy chair and mirrored wardrobe in bedroom
Luxury en-suite shower room, WC & Bidet. Auto close Velux window. Solar panel heats all hot water
Quinta das Cruzes museum & gardens are located a few minutes walk down the road from your apartment
The Pico fort (currently closed) is just around the corner from the alleyway
Another view from the local Pico Castle grounds looking towards the mountains, castle walls on right
View from the Pico Castle grounds located just above your apartment
View from local Castle looking over the city and out to sea
Flower festival in full swing
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sander v
Weert, The Netherlands
“So and so”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

After finding this accomodation on Tripadvisor we booked for 11 days in July.

Michael provided a welcome package containing wine, beer, bread, cerials, milk, butter etc which was very nice!
The appartment had all the facilities we needed; good wifi connection, flat tv, nice bathroom and small kitchen.
Parking spaces enough; in front of the appartment, around the corner or at a short walking distance of 2 minutes.

However I must mention some mishaps;

1) doghair on the sheets, in the fridge, washingmachine, on the towels; Michael appologised for this and blamed the maid but try to get it sorted rightaway.
As it is the owners responsibility to check if everything is ok before arrival of guest we think is not fair to blame the maid for this and not very professional.

2) overall cleanliness was in our opion not good; dust, hairs, ant problem in the kitchen

3) builders working dowstairs; the builders made a lot of noise the first 2 days of our stay making a new (to be rented?) appartment. The other days they were on location painting, making closets or something and working on electrics (causing the shutdown of power one afternoon) and so we couldn't use the garden downstairs the full time of our stay as the builders were strolling about.

4) the smell of cat urine in the alley right at our entrance of our appartment was really disgusting, it could have been cleaned or even tried to.

5) We left at 07:30h and the owner is living downstairs but didn't bother to get out of bed to say goodbeye. And again we think that's not really proffesional.

We have visited many appartments in the past and have no high standards; the main thing we find important is cleanliness and to relax in the appartment on arrival and thus found all this very disappointing and therefore would not recommend someone to visit this appartment.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, good wifi connection
Liked least: Doghair on bed linnen, towels, kitchen, washing machine on arrival & ants
Travelling group: Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Nee.
8 Aug 2015
Thank you for your review, I am sorry you were so disappointed with the apartment and whilst I generally accept your criticisms I would also add that you have identified a couple that not only are surprising but slightly hard to understand.
You never mentioned the "disgusting smell" of cats which despite your assertion "nothing was done" I must dispute. I have on an almost daily basis hosed down what is after all a public alley way in a city centre(which is shared by all our neighbours and their pets) in an effort to remove the cat smell. I have even put down disinfectant, but I cannot repeatedly inspect the outside of our back gateway at night just in case a cat has visited it minutes before your return. I am sorry but if this was a real problem why did you not mention it to me at the time?
Second I am sorry if you feel my not getting up to wish you good bye at 7.30 am was unprofessional but you did infer on the note you left me the previous evening that there was no need for me to do so. When I visited you in the apartment to thank you for your note I suggested you could use the exit via our private house stairs rather than carry luggage down the spiral stairs in the morning. You thanked me for this and were happy with my offer to leave the key in the front door, so you could let your selves out. If you had wanted me to be there in the morning to wish you farewell why did you say the previous evening it was not important?
I apologise for the building works,which incidentally are not for another apartment but alterations to our own home. If you had inquired I would have been happy to discuss these with you. I did apologise upon your arrival for the fact the building works had over run and were not completed before your arrival. I was willing to discuss possible compensation for the inevitable disruption this would have to your holiday, especially with respect to using the garden, you however at the time seemed to shrug this off, so I never pursued the matter further. I am surprised you now refer to it as a reason for you not wishing to stay with us in the future?
Concerning the cleanliness I can only apologies again, we were using the apartment ourselves to stay in for over 3 weeks prior to your arrival due to the on going building works. It was a mistake to allow our dog to share the apartment area with us and if a similar event were to ever happen again the dog most certainly would be kept out. We did however attend quickly to your notification of the dog hairs etc. and purchased that day new bedding and linen to avoid any risk of similar problems with simple replacement of sheets and towels. You may not think it professional of me, but I do not normally go around the apartment after the maid has cleaned it and strip the bed to ensure the sheets are clean nor do I routinely inspect the inside of the washing machine. A fault maybe with hind sight considering the exceptional circumstances but once again something I am confident will never be repeated. We certainly have never had any similar complaints from previous clients.
One final point, I find it curious that you managed to identify all these problems but were unable to locate the light switches by the garden gate, the top of the spiral stairs and just inside the kitchen area? It was only because I realised after a few days that you were accessing the apartment by torch light that I came up and showed you all three areas are lit by separate 2 way switches.
Once again we are very sorry for the failings that you identified but to repeat if you had mentioned many of these at the time I am sure we could have resolved them amicably without the need for the low rating review you have given us.
June H
Uddingston, United Kingdom
“Perfect apartment with a perfect view.”
Reviewed 3 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Michael picked us up at airport and made us most welcome. He was very knowledgeable on the local area, where to visit and places to eat. Welcome pack was great and saved us from rushing out on arrival to try and buy milk etc. Apartment is well equipped and was very clean and well maintained. We enjoy walking so the walk back to the apartment was always welcomed. If you don't fancy the walk I believe you can get a bus to top of hill and then walk down. We ate in a few places close to the apartment and were the only tourists. We love mixing with the locals so suited us to a tee. We enjoyed visiting Madeira and will definitely return and stay at this apartment. We would recommend this apartment if you are planning to visit Funchal. Thanks Michael see you soon.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Your age range 50-64
4 May 2015
Many thanks for your detailed and thoughtful review, you were also perfect guests and we would be more than happy to welcome you both back again one day. Lets hope not in the too distant future ;-)
444mwalla...
Tain, United Kingdom
“We had a most enjoyable week and highly recommend the apartment and the island.”
Reviewed 30 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

If you choose to stay at this apartment there is a steep hill to walk up and down to reach the town centre. It took us about 15 minutes. Or you can catch a bus or take a taxi. There is a spiral staircase to climb to access the apartment. We are not that young or fit and we managed fine. We had a wonderful week here. We hadn't visited Madeira before and there was plenty to see and do. The January weather was warm and sunny every day but cool in the evenings.The owner of the apartment was most helpful, giving us tips on places to visit and things to try. There are island tours you can take, but again the owner offered to take us out in his car and we ended up enjoying his company and feel we learned much more about Madeira than we would have if we had booked into a hotel. If we wanted to do our own thing that was fine too.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View from the terrace.....many other aspects of the week too.
Liked least: Steep hill up from town but even that was an interesting experience.
31 Jan 2015
Many thanks for your review, if and when you re visit Madeira we would love to see you back again.
Thanks for confirming the questions of access and the steep hills, it has put a few potential visitors off in the past and hopefully your review will reassure them it is not that bad.
RCom
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed 13 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

This was my first visit to Madeira and a great treat. The apartment suited me very well. I enjoyed the buzz of being in the old town and the easy access to the beautiful churches, gardens and places of renown. I used public transport or walked - it is important to be fit as the hills are challenging. The apartment was a haven to return to. The owner was most helpful - a definite plus is his presence downstairs. He gave me many tips that proved useful. The kitchen was well-stocked when I arrived and he took me on a sight-seeing trip and to the airport. I highly recommend this apartment.

13 Jan 2015
Many thanks for your kind and detailed review, I am always happy to know that our guests genuinely enjoyed their stay and as I have said to many previous reviewers we hope to have the chance of welcoming you back to stay with us again some day in the future.
MackGambo...
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a couple”
Reviewed 7 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

This place is exactly what we were looking for. Not in the hotel district, near the main shopping area and close to some of the many gardens and museums. The flat has been decorated tastefully. The big verandah is also the lounge and dining room, which means you're embraced by the nature of the place when eating and relaxing. We really appreciated Michael supplying all the basics as well as a nice bottle of wine and plenty of fruit. The only two issues are the bedroom which is open plan with the bathroom and the loo flush which is weak to the point where you have to put the paper in a bin rather than down the loo. Despite this we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Liked best: verandah
Liked least: the open plan loo/ bedroom
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
9 Dec 2014
Many thanks for submitting your detailed review as promised.
We are sorry you did not like the "open plan" layout of the bedroom and ensuite, this has not however been a problem highlighted by any of our previous guests and is we think clearly shown on our photos. However we respect your honesty.
Re the poorly flushing loo, the problem is not so much that it does not flush very well but, as we explain to all our guests, more a problem of the small diameter waste pipes which run under our house that have the slight risk of being subject to blockage if lots of toilet paper and hair are flushed down the toilet rather than placed in the small pedal bin which is provided next to it. Rubbish bags for this bin are provided and can be disposed of, along with any general rubbish, 3 times a week. We trust from the contents of the rest of your review that these small inconveniences did not spoil your holiday too much and hope maybe we may still have the chance to welcome you back again one day.
May I also take this opportunity to wish you both a happy Christmas and a peaceful and healthy 2015
Kind regards
jonhall62...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great appartment to relax in and explore Funchal”
Reviewed 30 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Booking process was extremely easy, and our host doing the airport transfers made for stress free arrangements. Michael had got some basic shopping in for us - and had offered to do more. On the way back from the airport he stopped at the supermarket and was very patient while we shopped for all the heavy stuff.
The apartment is lovely - just as in the photos - spotless. It was very relaxing getting up in the morning to breakfast in sunshine, and to see what cruise liner had come in overnight.
It was about a twenty minute walk down to the sea front. There were many different routes, so it was a nice start to the day wandering down. There is a local bus back up, if you can't face the pull up. We never found it a problem though.
Michael gave excellent advice on where to get provisions and where to eat out. Food/restaurant costs were very reasonable
If I wanted another holiday in Funchal I would certainly stay there again

Liked best: Views
Liked least: No chest of drawers
3 Dec 2014
Many thanks for your kind and detailed review, we certainly would love to see you back if you ever decide to visit Funchal again
SPJones
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment in a good location with an amazing view”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We spent a week in the apartment in June. We have been to Madeira previously and stayed in the Monumental Lido area. It was much better being very close to the middle of Funchal. The town centre was a few minutes' walk down a steep hill. The owner was very friendly and helpful, but also unobtrusive. He provided us with a welcome pack of groceries including a large basket of local fruit, and also offered a lift to and from the airport if needed. The apartment itself is very stylish and has a large shady verandah with a stunning view over Funchal. It was possible to see the hillsides above Funchal including Monte, the harbour, the Deserted Islands on the horizon, as well as Funchal. I would most definitely recommend this apartment.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: Quite a noisy location - as you would expect near a town centre
24 Jun 2014
Many thanks for your kind review, I am please to hear you prefered our location to the Monumental Lido area (I have to admit I do agree with you & it is one of many reasons we chose this historical area of Funchal to live in over the modern concrete apartments further out of town)
I look forward to maybe one day welcoming you both back here again as it is always great to have such pleasant guests as yourselves staying with us.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;