I've spent my Easter holidays in Madeira and we booked this hotel since it was one of the cheapest in Funchal. We were mainly interested in a place where to sleep, since with 3 days, we would have spent the time driving around the island. I read all the information about the upgrade here, so I was prepared to decline any related offer.
So, arrived in Funchal, we tried to find it alone but at the end we prefer taking a cab, faster and easier, since the hotel is on the top of the hill, 15-20 minutes by walking from the city-centre and if you don't know, it's really hard finding it. Arrived there, the staff welcomed us, they were not rude, but they tried to sell us the upgrade (the half-board). I wouldn't pay more for breakfast and dinner, so the staff took us to the room. I expected to be really small, dark and not clean, but, it was even nice!
So, it was a normal size room, one window (in the front of the house) was broken, but there was another one working perfectly, so, it was ok. We even had a private toilet+shower provided with soap and towels, the room was clean and we had new towels every day. Would you expect more for 10€ each per day?
Just one thing: hopefully we came back late in the evening the two days we had the car and the third one we waked up really early taking the boat to Porto Santos. We just had a glass of Poncha one evening and we paid it double compared to the price in the city centre. So, I would advice to not take anything at the bar of the hotel, since I rather think it would be much more expensive than anywhere else.
There's a nice bar 5 min by walking, in front of the stadium, preparing great and cheap coffees, and we went there in the morning before leaving with the car.
As other people are writing here, the street where the hotel is located is narrow and a cul-de-sac so we left the car in the main street, to avoid any problem parking next the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, friendly, 39-room hotel, overlooking the Bay of Funchal, just 5 minutes' drive from the city centre. Our professional team awaits your arrival, ready to ensure you enjoy your stay with us, while visiting this beautiful island. We operate 24 hours a day, so someone is always available to help you. All our rooms have private bathrooms and free WiFi. There is plentiful free on-street parking adjacent to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you to The Flame Tree Madeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Flame Tree Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencial Vila Camacho Funchal
- Vila Camacho Madeira
- Residencial Vila Camacho Hotel Funchal
- Vila Camacho Funchal
- The Flame Tree Madeira Funchal