We returned last week after 3 weeks here. For what we had paid we didn't have high expectations but our main priority was getting away from the English weather. However,we were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The kitchen is in a cupboard like a wardrobe so you can close it off if you want. I would take an electric travel kettle as the little kettle provided takes a while to boil.the pool area was nice, a bit cold in January but some people did swim in it. The indoor pool was lovely and warm and good showers there. Entertainment was minimal, from 9 to 10 every night but we were normally out at this time. The bits we saw in passing didn't induce us to stay! They had 2 happy hours, from 6 -7 and 10-11, which we used. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Facilities are good, although there is a charge for all the games facilities. We used the table tennis and the tennis courts and had to pay, but as we had paid so little in the first place it was still good value. We ate out in the evenings and there are plenty of restaurants around but we found out that the hotel did a meal plan where you paid for 5 and got 7, so we bought this and ate in every few nights. The food was fine, not a huge choice but a nice salad bar and about 3choices of meat and fish, and a selection of desserts and fruit. We had a room on the first floor overlooking the pool with a partial sea view so it was lovely. The noise carries a bit but it didn't bother us. The tv's are very small but we don't go on holiday to watch tv. The only other negative I'd say is that the storage space is minimal, considering the space available in the room. A good bonus is the free courtesy bus into funchal. We walked in several times (about 20-30 mins) but it was handy having the bus to come back! Overall we were very pleased with the hotel and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the sea and Funchal bay. Studio apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis court and spa. Shuttle bus to city center. Daily entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dorisol Mimosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Mimosa Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Hotel Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Madeira/Funchal