we rented a car in funchal airport and it took us quite a long time to reach the hotel due to the poor street signs on the island. once we arrived at the hotel we realized that both of our requests had been satisfied, we had 2 separate beds and an impressive view over the coast from our 11th floor studio. the studio was very small but absolutely functional and clean with a well equipped kitchenette. buffet breakfast was satisfactory, but surprisingly there was almost no fresh fruit and both regular bread and sweet bread were quite "chewy" ; only one day they served pancake and it was really good, staff at the front desk is very friendly and helpful , especially joanna. the hotel is the typical resort for "retired people from northern countries to survive winter" like the most part of madeira; but once you have clear in mind that you are not there for party time or to find prince charming, everything is fine. the price we paid for this great accomodation was absolutely ridiculous : 17 euros per person per night in bed and breakfast. really a great deal!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the sea and Funchal bay. Studio apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis court and spa. Shuttle bus to city center. Daily entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dorisol Mimosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Mimosa Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Hotel Funchal
- Dorisol Mimosa Madeira/Funchal