Four Views Monumental Lido
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lince Hotel Madeira(Funchal)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$86
US$169
  • Pool
Hotel The Cliff Bay(Funchal)
US$402
US$215
US$193
Elvoline
1,257 results
All reviewsself cateringhalf boardsea viewpool areasmall shoppingplenty of sunbedsplenty of choiceshopping centrebusy roadnightly entertainmenthappy tourscable carfish disheslovely hotelfourth floorsun loungersturn right
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have just come back from here today and we have had a great time, the hotel is nice and clean and the staff are great. As we were self catering i can not tell you anything about the food. Ok the beds are not very comfortable but are room was HUGE with two balconies, with sea views on both. Its a nice walk from the hotel to the centre and there are lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ge0rdiebird
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Although some reviews have been a little harsh about aspects of this hotel I found it very very good. The location was good and from our room located on the 9th Floor we had views of the sea and the swimming pool immediately below.

The food was as good as any I have had at a 4 star hotel with an excellent Dinner Menu, with many options available, and although the Breakfasts did not change dramatically from day to day, I was not disappointed with the selection of foods available.

Although our room could have been more up to date it had everything we required and I could not fault the cleanliness.

The evening entertainment, of which I am not a big fan, was very enjoyable and added to the holiday experience.

On the down side expecting to have to pay for use of a safe is not acceptable.

All in all it was an excellent experience and if we go to Madeira again I would have no hesitation about revisiting the Four Views Monumental

7  Thank Malta_and_Gozo_Fan
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My Wife and I have just returned from 2 weeks in Funchal and we found the Four Views to be a very good and well run hotel. It was always very clean and nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff. As written elsewhere there is some Traffic noise on lower floors but it is not too bad. The food was adequate. Overall we enjoyed the experience very much and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Funchal is a very hilly place so anyone with walking problems should seek advice.
3  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I are just back from our 2nd visit. We went there to celebrate my birthday.We had a lovely seaview room on the 5th floor.I was given a bottle of champagne and some other goodies from the hotel. Staff all very friendly and had no complaints about the food. On the downside the evening entertainment was very poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a high seaview room
4  Thank Frances295
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We have just returned from our fourth stay at the Four Views Monumental and have to say that the management made our stay really special again. Firstly after e-mailing the hotel to see if room 223 was available i was pleasently surprised when we arrived and it had been allocated to us. When we went into the room we had complimentary robes and slippers, a fruit basket, bottled water, Madeira wine and Chocolates on the pillows every day. We never expected anything like it. Thank you so much to all the staff and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

• Stayed: February 2012