“Excellency in each point”

Enotel Lido Madeira
Ranked #22 of 88 Hotels in Funchal
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Perfect location of hotel.Lots of restaurants around.You can use different everyday.Comfortable swimming pools outdoor and indoor.Very good facilities.Close to City Center.
Very ,very nice stuff service, specially young lady from entertainment.Very nice reception,waiters,room service.Hotel is very clean.Beautifull double level lobby with garden inside.Recommend to everybody.

Room Tip: You can see sea from each room.Recommend anyhow rooms from floor no 6 and higher.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank SCH56
There are newer reviews for Enotel Lido Madeira

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We can honestly say that our recent stay at the Enotel Lido was our best ever. The decor, facilities, bars, restaurants and especially the staff were the best we have ever encountered. We thoroughly recommend it and are planning to return next year. This may sound over the top, but it was that good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank MichaelG980
Reviewed 15 November 2011

When I heard that the Enotel Group had bought the 5* star Tivoli Hotel in Funchal and were carrying out improvements and were opening it shortly as an All Inclusive hotel , having spent holidays there in previous years I couldn't wait for them to re-open as the Enotel Lido Hotel. I have stayed at 4* Enotel Hotels on A/I in Funchal and have always been delighted. What a change in the food at the Lido! It was awful. There were 3 Chefs standing behind the self service carvery every eveing, all I can say is they must have had extremely sharp knives because we couldn't cut the slices never mind chew it and it came back the next day as mince for bolognese or maybe some kind of casserole, still as tough. There was loads of pasta on display, all dried up, and a lovely salad bowl counter if you didn't want anything to go with the salad. Oh and the plates for the salad bar were nice and hot unlike the hot buffet which had the lovely cold plates! There was just one choice of soup and that was quite nice if you like luke warm soup. There were some lovely looking desserts but when you tasted them they were all the same, just different colours. Anyway, enough about the food! The rooms were lovely with a bath and walk in shower and most had sea views. The facilities were still 5* and the staff were lovely. The entertainment was quite good but not very well supported, the lovely young lady running the entertainment did her very best to keep us happy and it did or maybe it was the alcohol which was plentiful and quite happily provided by the excellent bar staff to us at our table on a "snap of the fingers" by Carolyn's husband Ron, one of the lovely
group of new friends made at the Lido. All in all, we had a great holiday there but I suggest that you don't go there for gourmet dining, oh and by the way ladies, one of the Restaurant Managers looks just like Hugh Grant so forget about the food and enjoy the holiday, we all did.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank dot190748
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We were so glad that the Enotel Lido have chosen to offer all inclusive board basis now. We went last year and we loved the half board so when we saw a great deal on the internet for all inclusive we jumped at the chance. My girlfriend and I spent another week there in October and it was every bit as good, if not better, than our first time. Rooms are average size, perfect for a couple, and the balcony and side sea view we had was brill. Make sure you ask for this when you book. With the all inclusive we got to sample more of the hotel's delicious food as it included more restaurants than being on half board and it even went so far as to include other bars and etc in the hotel which was great value. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again, wicked hotel, amazing pool and friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Greg P
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We have just returned from one unbelievable holiday. My husband and I were looking for Luxury at a good price and we found it. Infact we did not spend any money at all because Everything was included 24 hours a day every day. This is such a fab hotel, there was a choice of 4 restaurants which were all part of the All Inclusive price. What a bargain we paid £699 each for the week and had an amazing time. The food was excellent we ate Sushi at the Japanese restaurant three times it was that good! The sports bar was open 24 hours so you could always have a drink or a snack. I have to say this is the best All Inclusive holiday I have ever been on and I have been on 15 so far. I have been to Madeira many times because the weather is so good all year round we were basking in 78 degrees of pure sun.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can to the Side Sea View room we paid an extra £75 each and it was worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank simbisu
Reviewed 8 November 2011

There is a caveat to this review, and it's that I stayed at this hotel one year ago.

I've been to Funchal on numerous occasions and stayed at various four and five star hotels, at the top end including Cliff Bay and the Savoy. At the time I booked to stay at the Tivoli Ocean Park, I noticed that the price was significantly lower than that of other five star hotels, and I found out why upon my arrival.

A major problem with Madeira is the sheer number of "five star hotels", there is no discrimination at the top-end. Hotels like Cliff Bay, Choupana Hills, Savoy, Reids should be awarded eight or ten stars if this hotel is classified as five. Alternatively it could just be marked down to three by comparison with these genuine five star establishments.

Whilst the hotel was built after the Cliff Bay, it looks terribly jaded by comparison. Things look reasonable enough upon entering reception, communal areas are airy and offer a beautiful view over the Atlantic, but climb in a lift and check out the rooms and you will see that the place is in desperate need of a makeover. The place is generally shabby externally and internally. Lie down by the pool - which is lovely - and look back at the externals of the hotel and you'll see that at the very least it needs a good coat of paint.

The facilities are reasonable enough, though the restaurant is over-priced and by Madeiran standards service is very poor.

Nothing sparkles here... may be it never did, but when I visited this hotel was heading southwards, away from Funchal and towards an Atlantic burial.

Room Tip: My room was fine for a three or - stretching it - four star hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and I have about 3 holidays a year as he works away a lot, one our holidays is always in September for my birthday, and we always tend to travel to canary islands as the weather is always pretty good. This year my husband surprised me to a trip to Madeira, The weather was wonderful and the island is truly beautiful. We stayed at Enotel Lido, the hotel is really nice and in a lovely area, there are lots of restaurants bars etc.. to choose from, and we were only about a 10 minute walk to the main town of Funchal. The airport wasn't far away either about 25 minutes. Our room was lovely really spacious, modern and very clean. The bed was a big king size bed and really comfortable. The food at the hotel was great as well with lots of variety. The pool at the hotel was very clean and really perfect for relaxing and taking it easy all day, we spent most days at the hotel and the staff were wonderful and really friendly. We had a great week away and cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room with a balcony, really worth the extra money as the views are stunning and n...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple