We have just returned from a wonderfully relaxing break at The Enotel Lido in Funchal.
Flight - flight time from Manchester was 3hrs 20 mins, we flew with strategic airlines ( on behalf of jet2) No complaints, timely and in relative comfort.
Transfer - I booked a private transfer with Resorthoppa, there was 6 of us in a little mini bus, our driver from 'your e motion' was there at the airport and offered lots of insight on our way to the hotel.
Hotel is slightly out of town in the Lido area, it takes around 40 mins to walk into the centre. Hotel was fantastically clean, room was spacious too with fresh water left in your mini fridge every day. Breakfast was great with a good selection to choose from. Lunch can either be taken in the main buffet or better still at the pool bar where you can choose off the menu. At 3 pm every day the pool bar offers a hot buffet but to be honest, it's not very hot, you are better to order what you want off the menu. Evening meals can be be taken in one of the speciality restaurants (you need to book in advance) or at the main buffet... Sorry, but the buffet was not up to scratch... The food was like warm and wasn't good quality! We ate out just across the road a couple of nights and had a couple of really good meals!
Out and about... We did a canyoning trip one morning and I can honestly say I haven't laughed so much in a long time, our group was mixed ages but none of us struggled... But be prepared to get wet! The cable cars are also worth a trip, then come down in the baskets... Great fun. We also did a full day around the west of the island, Miquel at 'your e motion' organised this for us, it worked out cheaper than the big bus tours and we got a personal service, plus our guide was a trained mountain guide so knew all about every kind of fauna and flora, brilliant!
All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable trip, would recommend to all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal