My wife and I booked this hotel via 'Jet 2' and as 'All Inclusive', we were not disappointed in any way. On arrival at the hotel we were dealt with by very friendly and welcoming reception staff who were very efficient in processing our room and All Inclusive wrist bands. They briefly explained about the resturant, bars and the 3 'free' themed restaurants that were available to book during our stay.
Our room was on the 4th Floor and was very spacious and very clean, with the cleaning and replacing of bed linen as required being done to a very high standard. Bottled Water and soft drinks from the in room fridge were constantly replaced as used, as were any toiletries used. One item not provided in the room is Milk portions, so if you like you coffee or Tea white, you had to 'obtain' some from one of the bars or restaurants or have it black. There was a free 'in room' safe, which was a bonus. We did have an occassional 'whiff' from the drainage sytem, especially if the room was closed up all day.
The view from our room was great with the bay outstretched to our left and the pool and sunbathing terraces below. We used the restaurant for nearly all our meals and found a wide varied selection of food available at all times, together with Beer and Wine, plus soft drinks as required. The waiting staff were very good in cleaning the tables of used plates and empty glasses and rushed around to ensure that nobody was waiting to get seated. They were friendly, helpful, and very obliging. My wife and I soon felt comfortable with the care and service they gave to us. One point the Hotel should look out for is the table coverings, though clean and replaced frequently, they were 'too large' and did make a trip hazard for the unwary.
We took advantage of the 'themed restaurants' and found them all to be very good with quick service and eager to please staff. I would recommend the Maderian and Japanese in paticular.
Whilst we walked into Funchal by our own choice, there is a frequent and good bus service very near to the entrance, but visitors beware the terrain of Funchal is hilly and if you are not good at walking, then a bus or a taxi is best for you.
When we were not sightseeing, then we took used the sunbeds provided, there were plenty but a little too close together with some guests claiming sunbeds as early as 7.00am in the morning, but only using them a couple of hours during the day. Invariably those were the ones next to the limited number of sunshades, so the hotel should look at this abuse for its more considerate guests.
The entertainment on the evenings was varied both in content and quality, from the poor( The Parrot Show) to good, (Musical Show Time and Singing duo's in paticular)
On our last day our transfer arrived on time, our suitcases brought from storage for us bang on time.
I have read other reviews about this hotel, and you will always get some that expect more, and also unrealistic expectations, all I can say is, this hotel was 5 star for its location, weather, and service. True, you might expect more from a London 5 star Hotel, but get real, this hotel offered great accomodation, hard working friendly staff, a constant choice of good food, drinks throughout the day and night.
Our holiday was a great success from start to finish, and we would return there without hesitation, as the minor quibbles are that.............. 'minor'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal