Having been booked into the Royal Savoy for a week we booked the second week of our holiday at the Enotel thinking that we might save some money on having to eat out, it being all inclusive. Our only previous experience of all inclusive had been poor with unmotivated staff and bland, repetitive food combined with people getting drunk on endless free booze. However, none of this was the case art the Enotel. First the choice and quality of the food was excellent catering for the varied tastes of a family. The themed restaurants are okay but nothing special. The Japanese I would not bother with if I went again: average sushi followed by a stir fry and griddled pineapple chunks. However the variety in the main restaurant more than made up for that. As for the staff, they are a credit to the hotel. When we there in August the hotel was completely full so the staff were under pressure but they still had time to make us feel as if we were important to them. We booked a suite for the four of us, which has was worth the extra cost. The children slept in the sitting room while my wife and I had the comfortable bedroom, with TVs in each room. A great reason to have a suite is undoubtedly the fact that they have enormous balconies meaning that we did not go poolside during the day except to swim, preferring the expanse and privacy of our personal sundeck. It is not that we are anti social but the failure to enforce the no reserving sunbeds policy meant it was impossible to get four loungers together after 9am. It is possible to swim in the sea near by but getting in and out of the sea can be precarious here. There is a stony beach a short cab journey away but when we went there despite it being August the sea was red flagged due to the choppy sea. Everything was fairly clean considering amount of people staying in the Enotel. We did have a sewage smell for a couple of days but following a word at reception, the odour in the bathroom was gone. Entertainment was fine and multi lingual. We got a bit fed up when at the outside seating that they did not make smokers sit in their own section as there is little worse than having to put up with some inconsiderate smoker's noxious fumes, but it is not enforceable yet! The children adored the parrot display and I enjoyed the attractive dancers! People were relaxed but there was no drunkeness. Cheap taxis are probably necessary when you want to go into Funchal though there is a nice mall about ten minutes walk away. Madeira is lovely so don't spend all your time in the hotel but the Enotel is a good bet and I would be happy to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal