This hotel has some really fantastic aspects, particularly the food and drink, excellent choices for all meals and the bonus of 3 themed restaurants, Japanese, Italian & Madeiran.
However there are some issues that should be addressed. The quality of the sun beds was very poor and in fact there were many that were broken or damaged, apparently they are to be replaced but the broken ones should be removed immediately before someone is injured, we saw people who when trying to lay on them fell because the arms were broken but it wasn't immediately obvious.
Also the road outside the front of the hotel is now a through road whereas it used to be a dead end at the hotel next door.
The volume and noise of traffic was tremendous, the first room we had, 614 was noisy not only due to the road but also the hotel air conditioning units were directly under the balcony which we did not notice as we arrived after dark. The next day we complained and were moved to 950, this room was even nearer to the road so just as noisy, day & night, the balcony was therefore unusable as it would have been unpleasant to sit listening. At night the noise was just as loud, unless you had the air con on,which is also noisy, just a different type of noise. The hotel should review the glazing of the balcony doors and improve them for all those rooms on the outside of the hotel near the road. As we were only staying a short period of time, we put up with the second room as we couldn't face re packing again, if I was intending to stay again I would only consider booking a pool view room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal