We have recently stayed at this lovely hotel for a week. First impressions were very good , probably not a true five star, however, an excellent high end four star.
The reception area is very nice and the lounge area on floor five is absolutely gorgeous, with fish tank and ornamental pool and fabulous furniture.
The reception staff were the nicest that I have ever encountered as were the rest of the staff. A young guy called Victor really looked after us. We enjoyed our time by the pool and met some lovely couples, a few of who we will keep in touch with. The pool area was lovely, however, the sunbeds were definitely not five star variety and could be dangerous with front legs splaying..
The main restaurant was a bit tired, the food was nice though. We spent four nights in the themed restaurants, Madeiran and Italian and we really enjoyed these, the food was very good and we found the staff to be nice. We did not encounter any rude staff, they were all polite and respectful. The all inclusive drinks were of a high standard, my tipple was sparkling wine.
The spa area was stunning and the gym looked well equipped, but we did not use these. The room we had was lovely with a side sea view, on the fifth floor overlooking the pool and very quiet. I have never slept so well on holiday and waking at 10 am some days!
We found a jazz bar five minutes along the promenade (my husband plays sax and harmonica). We spent many an enjoyable evening there, but be warned if you are a non smoker, smoking is permitted inside and this spoiled it for me.
The area where the hotel is based is nice and the promenade quite pretty, we found the lido that had been damaged due to bad weather in January, such a shame.
This was our second visit to Madeira and we have booked to go back next year in July for the jazz festival, really looking forward to that.
I used insect repellent (Deet) as I am a magnet for mosquitos, however, I only had one bite and have in past years in Greece had 70 at one time, so would definitely recommend using repellent.
I would return to this hotel and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Splitty, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal