First time on Madeira and at this hotel. The hotel is lovely and the staff helpful and pleasant (apart from a couple at the pool side restaurant at lunch-times!). Its fairly central so you can get into Funchal quite easily and there are a couple of nice bars along the main road to go for a change as the entertainment is not that great!
We had requested a high floor for our room a few days before we left the UK and we were on the 9th which was great, quiet and had a nice view over the pool. No problems with lifts never had to wait that long. The room was very comfortable and kept lovely and clean.
The pool was very nice, there was usually enough sunbeds apart from at the odd lunch-time on a very sunny day people did struggle a bit, but towards the end of our holiday we noticed a few more had appeared. You weren't supposed to reserve sunbeds but people did usually on their way to breakfast. It didn't cause too many problems apart from one day when someone complained and the pool guy was told to remove all the towels!!
What let this hotel down was the food. We've been to several All Inclusives and I would say this was the worst for food. It was basically just OK - nothing special and very samey. The choice of desserts was very poor, it was basically different flavour mousses and cake. The food at the pool bar at lunch-time was not good and when we were there was always running out, a couple of times my husband had to ask for more chips and fresh pizza, one day I even had to ask them to slice some more tomatoes as these had run out in the salads- someone needs to take charge down there.
We tried the Italian and the Madeiran and we enjoyed them both, we felt people rushed their food rather than being rushed.
Madeira is a lovely island and well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal