This is a late review from February. My husband and I felt the need of a break somewhere warm. We were pleasantly surprised at how hot it was and were able to sunbathe by the pool. The hotel was excellent, good location, great food. The service from the staff was very good. The public areas were lovely as were the rooms. If we go again I would upgrade our room as we looked out on a road where there was a car park and delivery vehicles started early so it was noisy if we opened the door to the balcony. We enjoyed the entertainment in the evenings. We went mainly for a rest but did venture out several times. We took a full day tour of the South and North of the island which was very good. We saw beautiful scenery, made several stops in places of interest and had a very nice lunch in Restaurante Cachalote at Porto Moniz. There is a good bus service to Funchal, though we chose to walk. We went by cable car at Monte to the Palace Gardens then another cable car from there to the Botanic Gardens, both well worth a visit. There is a lovely restaurant near the hotel which I cannot recall the name of, the hotel recepionist or your courier will know. It is unique in that it serves "steak on a stone" a red hot slab of marble on which one cooks their own steak at their table. Although we were all inclusive it was worth a trip to this restaurant to experience something different. There is a Spa at the hotel and I had a full body massage. I have had many in countries wordwide and this was one of the best. I would definately recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal