My husband and i stayed here on the 18th of July for 2 wks and we have only just got back. As we arrived we thought wow the hotel was lovely from the outside. As we got inside and we checked in at reception which was at the end of what was called the lobby bar. Friendly staff checked us in and we went up too our room. The room was lovely very spacious with a balcony overlooking the pool and the sea. Only issue i had with the room was 2 single beds were made up seperately and pushed together to make a double and the mattrasses were too hard. We had sore backs for a couple of days. By the pool area was a sports bar that opened till 2 in the morning. Also entertainment was there day and night. A restaurant that served food all day. There was also 2 specialality restaurants you has too book day before which was a Maderian one that served traditional food the other was Italian. Which have to say were lovely. Upstairs was the lobby bar that some nights did entertainment and downstairs was another beautiful lounge area and next too it was the moonlight bar which did entertaiment and a disco. The main restaurant was upstairs where the food was gorgeous The hotel provides a gym and a beautiful Spa. With a pool and sauna, jaccuzi,steam room and sauna. Also theres a beauty and massage area. My big issue with the Spa was that children used the pool to play in with inflatable beds and toys. My husband and i never found that area with the pool relaxing at all and thats what a Spa is for. Children should be made too use the outdoor pool too play in and i think the Spa should be adults only who want too chill out. Overall we both enjoyed our 1st trip too Maderia. Its a stunning Island. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. Staff were very friendly particular restaurant and bar staff who worked very hard and very long hours. The hotel also provides a hairdressers which i used myself. The lady is very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal