I've stayed in lots of hotels this year but this has been the most luxurious. The room was great - big, neat, clean and with a great sea view. We paid extra for the 'Superior' room on the recommendations on Tripadvisor (chose the hotel as it was a top ten rating) and were not disappointed.
Top likes: size of room and ensuite; friendliness of staff (including welcome on arrival); facilities; views; breakfast on the rooftop terrace; cleanliness of hotel; quietness.
Watch out for (these are minor details - nitpicking!): mosquitoes (made the mistake of leaving balcony door open in the evening with lights on); only a dozen parking places (but we managed to squeeze the hire car in each day); two pools but they are both small; much better on the inside than the outside view from the road; directions from 'Strawberry World' are incorrect (get them from the hotel!); better restaurants in Camoro and the Old Town than near the hotel; could have done without the folk dancing!
Overall, it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It was peaceful, the sound of the waves through the balcony door and children playing in the Lido below were all that could be heard. Marvellous, and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal