Desperate for some sun and the need to just completely chill out, I booked this hotel for myself and my 15yr old daughter at the last minute. We were not dissappointed. We arrived at the hotel and were met by friendly and efficient staff. We will admit that after seeing the stunning lobby and resaurant our initial impression of the room was dissappointing as it was dull and quite old fashioned compaired to the rest of the hotel, however, putting that aside, it was clean, quiet, in a great location on the ground floor, just a hop to the pool and the beds were really comfortable. The Wi Fi signal was weak on the lower level but adequate for my daughters need to remain in contact with the outside world!. The pool was tranquil with no problem dashing for a bed, there were always several available and clean towels were replaced as often as we needed them. We only ate breakfast in the hotel which covered just about every possible taste and set us up for the rest of the day. The best restaurants are found about 5-10 minuets walk along the promenade rather than along the front of the hotel, however, do be warned the back path down to the promenade from the hotel is very steep and not for the unfit. The new Lido directly below the hotel looked amazing for teenagers and although we didnt go, if my daughter had a friend with her I would feel perfectly happy for her to go back and forth unaccompanied . I wouldn't recommend this for families with teenagers who are looking for a bit more life, this is isnt what this hotel is all about, however, If you are looking for a quiet hotel to just completely swich off and relax away from all the hurly burley, this is the perfect choice. Both myself and my daughter have returned completely rested and would certainly love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal