The Tui brochure promised a hotel of quality and this we received as many have said before me rooms, food, gardens (especially the orchid garden) and pools are amazing.
A couple of small points to improve would go a long way if actioned tp make it perfect.
1. Wifi free everywhere, come on it is 2014.
2. Spa has levels of manicure/pedicure and for my money a 45 minute pedicure at 45 euros should be just that not 28 mins for 45 euro. They get around this by using "approx" and just asking whether you did have a good experience. Make no mistake the staff are well qualified and professional but for this treatment I would have expected (like in the UK) a little more time spent on the massage aspects it did feel a bit time pressured and hurried, especially when advised to use the quiet room facilities afterwards to let polish dry for more than 2 mins, make myself a drink and relax on a lounger e.g. then you would appear to have been "in the spa" for 45 mins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Porto Mare hotel occupies the central wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort and benefits from the use of all its facilities. There are many different corners and atmospheres here ... something new to discover every day. The rooms combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. Four restaurants, six bars, an ice-cream parlour, five pools, SPA, sports and children's facilities... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Mare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Funchal
- Porto Mare Hotel Madeira/Funchal
- Porto Mare Madeira