We decided to book this hotel for a week for my son's first holiday abroad. The one bedroom apartment was spacious and well equipped and the furnishings were of a really high standard. The staff were friendly and attentive and the man who checked us in remembered my husband's name and asked him how we were enjoying our stay half way through the week.
Breakfast was included and I've never seen such a wonderful array of food! There were various cereals, pastries and breads and eggs were freshly cooked to or der. One of the waitresses, Lena, was particularly friendly and took a real shine to our son. She brought a high chair over to our table each morning.
We would definitely return to this hotel as the facilities on offer were second to none. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal