We had the pleasure to stay here this year. From the minute we arrived and and were greeted by the reception staff to the minute we left we experienced an exceptional experience. Nothing was too much trouble, with everyone having a can do approach to our requests. Everyone spoke fluent english which put our poor attempts at portugese to shame. The lay out of the Residence meant that we could be completely independent of the hotel complex, whilst also enabling us to take advantage of the comprehensive facilities offered by the hotel when we wanted to. The one bedroom apartment was spacious and well appointed, with a lovely sea view. The kitchen had all the necessary appliances for us to self cater, however with so many restaurants, both in the hotel and nearby offering local fish at excellent prices we preferred to eat out most nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal