The service provided by the staff at this resort is first class. The location (overlooking the sea and Lido area) is ideally situated and just a short bus ride (or 30 minute walk) from the city Funchal.
The gardens at the Porto Mare are outstanding - you do not have to be a expert gardener to appreciate the beauty, planning and dedication that goes into making them so unique.
This is our sixth visit to The Residence and we are already looking forward to next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal