We stayed in a 1BR apartment a couple weeks ago and I found it to be meticulously well-kept and clean. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The whole property was very well-maintained and with five pools, we never had to fight for space to swim. My daughter enjoyed the kids club. The staff were very good with the kids. However, the length of the program is quite short and did not allow for me to do much more than laundry or go to the gym. Being a single parent, I would have loved to have been able to utilize the kids club so that I could attend some of the other functions, like the wine-tasting. Unfortunately, the times were not coordinated. Overall, this would not deter me from staying at the Residence again. We really enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal