This was our second time in Madeira but the first time in our new time share. The Residence is an excellent facility with just about everything you need for a great holiday 2 indoor pools, 2 outdoor pools a Spa and a Gym. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are cleaned daily. The kitchen is well equipped which I admit we didn't use very much because of the great range of restaurants in Funchal - try Il Basilico which is part of the hotel- really recommend this. The rooms are large, infact the bed is almost the size of a small country. The hotel runs a free bus service into the town which you do have to book. Would suggest the walk to Camara de Lobos along the coastal path.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal